|Posted by Mike Abrams on September 26, 2016 at 3:30 PM||comments (0)|
What is going on in this world today? Facebook and emails are nothing but politcal ads and rants about how bad the opposition is. A logical mind wants to sit this one out but to do so would be against our God given right to vote. Voting for the right choice has never been harder although I remember 8 years ago thinking the same thing and also thinking how could God allow us to survive after putting someone into office that goes against Christianity? Now here we are in the same predicament and yet God in His infinite mercy has allowed us to remain! Mind boggeling to me! I could go on and on about logic and how we have lost that and about the numbing and dumbing of society but I just say thank you Lord to your mercy and your grace and put into office who you want...
|Posted by Mike Abrams on May 11, 2012 at 8:40 AM||comments (0)|
Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck, add O'Reilly in there and you have the voice of the conservative Right Wing Fox News Politico. I am a conservative and according to my friends and family, probably a right wing nut case like the above mentioned. There is however one MAJOR difference. I am a CHRISTIAN. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus or afraid to mention His name, talk about the cross, the blood, repentance, the resurrection and the FACT that HE is THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN!
Probably the first thing that came to your mind is "arent they Christian's also?" Truth is , no, they aren't. And the truth is, many who call themselves Christians really arent either. This is a sad fact. Sad because this is acutally predicted or the fullfilling of prophecy as written in the bible. The bible says that the road is wide that leads to destruction but narrow is the path that leads to righteousness, meaning that many will go the easy way and the wide road.
I do not intend to preach here but simply tell you what a Christian is and then ask you to search your heart to be sure you are in fact a child of the One true living God.
"What is a Christian? Many think they are Christians because they claim to believe in Jesus. But, believing in Jesus often means nothing, or anything, particularly here in America where pluralism and relativism are rampant. Intolerance is the only thing not tolerated by the postmodernist who says, "My truth is different than your truth, so don't judge me with your outdated morals." Such commentary by the non-thinking and spiritually dead is all too common. But it doesn't change the true meaning of what it means to be a follower of Christ. So, what does it mean to be a Christian?
First of all, to be a Christian, you must first know who Christ is. Biblically, He is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity (John 1:1,14; Col. 2:9). He is the great "I AM" (Exodus 3:14; John 8:58). He is the savior who was born of a virgin (Isaiah 7:14), who died, was buried, and rose from the dead (1 Cor. 15:1-4), physically (John 2:19-21). He alone is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). Only by the name of Jesus may a person be saved (Acts 4:12) and all who do not trust in Him alone for the forgiveness of their sins will be judged (Matt. 25:41) accordingly. Jesus is both God and man (Col. 2:9; 1 Tim. 2:5; Phil. 2:5-8). He is our eternal intercessor (Heb. 7:25) who mediates our salvation to the Father (1 Tim. 2:5). To Him be the glory.
It is not merely some man who was wise (Secularism). He was not the product of sexual relations between a god and goddess from another world (Mormonism). He is not a man in tune with the divine consciousness (Christian Science). He is not the first created thing in the universe (Jehovah's Witnesses). He is not the harmonious, really-neat-teacher (New Age). He is the creator of all things (Col. 1:16-17; Isaiah 44:24). He is Lord!
Once you know who Jesus is, you must trust Him to forgive you of your sins. Ask Him to forgive you. He will. Then, once you are saved, you are a Christian. But, you are not a trophy to be placed on a shelf and left alone. You are more like a pair of sneakers to be used. That is what it means to be a Christian. It means you have found the true Savior, not a false one of the cults. It means you have been saved by God's grace, through faith (Eph. 2:8) and are now seeking to please Him in your life by following His commands (1 John 2:4). Such obedience does not save you nor contribute to your salvation. This obedience is motivated by love and thankfulness and is a response of being saved.
So, being a Christian means knowing the true Christ and following Him in truth." Found at CARM.org
Truth is most people don't care to hear this, ignore people who even mention His name, and write them off as just another Jesus Freak. The world in general is ignoring the fact that the bible is the truth, without error, and should be considered the main source for education and spiritual guidance.
As always, be blessed and be a blessing!
|Posted by Mike Abrams on September 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM||comments (0)|
For those who know me well you know the stories and the history of my driving habits. For those who don't let's just say I like to get there quick but safe so I spend most of my time in the left lane, or "the fast lane". Because of this chosen style of driving I have had the privilege of meeting several State Highway Patrolman in many different States over the years.
I am writing this little blog however to share my thoughts on every day driving habits and why I would support having to retake your written and drivers exam every 10 years.
I heard a cop tell me once that he could follow me or anyone else thru town and pull us over for a traffic violation 100% of the time. He is probably right so it made me wonder how I could remind people about traffic laws that we once learned but have forgotten. So here are a few of those laws.
1. When turning right at any given intersection you must turn into the right lane. The same when turning left, you must turn into the left lane. Its not complicated, turn right into the right lane, turn left into the left lane, then merge if you need to once you've made the turn.If everyone would do this, traffic would flow so much better
2. At almost every intersection there is a large white block of paint. This is a stop bar and we are supposed to stop BEHIND IT so that oncoming traffic has room to turn and also to activate the traffic signal so that you can have a green light again. Did you know that if your car is on or in front of this "stop bar" and someone turns into your vehicle and hits you that it is YOUR FAULT!
3. When turning left at a traffic light you are allowed to pull into the intersection and turn left after the light has turned and traffic is clear...don't just sit there!
4. Drive in the right lane ALWAYS unless you are going to PASS someone! This law is actually for every roadway but obviously it needs to be addressed to the stupid (sorry) people who ride in the left lane on the freeway while texting or shaking their latte or who seem oblivious to the fact that some people want to get there faster than them and they wont move over! On another note with this law, did you know that in a lot of states, you are supposed to use your TURN SIGNAL when passing and SOUND YOUR HORN to alert the driver that your are about to pass them. Heck I flash my bright lights and lay on the horn to try to get them to move over...oh wait, maybe I shouldn't tell you my inner secrets...anyway...
5. This is Mike's law...If you cant chew gum and walk at the same time for petesake, stay off of your phone while driving!!!!! I cant tell you how many people I come upon in the left lane just cruising along at 60mph in a 70 mph zone yakking away on their phone with not a care in the world for anyone but themselves. I say outlaw all use of cell phone in cars without a headset or unless its an emergency and make it nationwide and a stiff penalty if you get caught. They make us wear seat belts, they should make us stay off our phones! This will probably save more lives than wearing seat belts!
6. Did you also know that we are supposed to have one car length between us for every 10 miles per hour? Try that in LA or New York, or anwhere for that matter!
So that's about all I got for now. I'd be glad to hear your comments and run for President if I can count on your vote!:)
Be blessed and be a blessing,
PS. just one more law I would pass. If my car is rattling because of your supersonic over-sized, overpowered sub-woofer at a traffic light, I would like a device where I could shut your system off with the touch of a button. With today's technology, this should be available my first year in office.
|Posted by Mike Abrams on September 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM||comments (0)|
I just finished The Tweflth Imam by Joel Rosenburg. I love his writing and his insight into the reality of what is currently going on the middle east. This book is fiction but it is packed with facts as you find out at the end of the book. I cant wait for the next book to come out. I get his "Flash Traffic" updates as well which is usally stuff you dont get from the typical news media.
Reading this is like reading the Left Behind Series, you dont want to stop until the end and then you cant wait for the next one to come out.